CoHo Lab launched in August 2016 for CoHo Productions to provide dedicated space, time and resources to theatre artists developing new works of performance.
Selected artists receive a 20-30 hour workshop residency to develop their work and artist stipends are provided. Each Lab includes a private/invited showing for the artists to receive professional feedback, then culminates in a ticketed showing for a public audience.
As studio spaces become less accessible, and methods of collaborative theatre-making become more project-specific, CoHo Lab provides a crucial service and extends CoHo’s mission to nurture and support exceptional Portland-based theatre artists.
For audiences who enjoy new work mini-festivals like Risk-Reward and JAW, these casual showings are a rare chance to see a sampler of solo performances, original plays, ensemble devising, one-on-one performance encounters and other exciting performance.
Open Application for upcoming CoHo Lab opportunities:
- Name, contact information and bio
- Project Title (and author’s name if applicable)
- Vision Statement
- include why you are motivated to workshop this project
- Description of Lab hours
- include what key element of the project you would explore
- Describe the scale and content of a presentation to a curated feedback session and possible public showing.
- List names of people you would invite to the feedback session
- Key Artists with bios